(01) Provide consultancy services to it's members in the areas of preparation of project
proposals to set up new ventures, marketing their products etc.
(02) Help upgrade the standards of hotels.
(03) Educate youth and general public in the areas ear marked for tourism
development on the value of tourism which supports the industry in general.
(04) Provide training in foreign languages to youth in potential tourism areas.
(05) Training of personnel engaged in the leisure industry.
(06) Lobby with the government to obtain support for the Industry.
(07) Represent the membership at important fora on issues faced by the
(08) Collect and disseminate vital information pertaining to the trade among the
(09) Lobby with the Government for the improvement of infrastructure in tourism areas.
(10) Study and research on new development areas such as Eco Tourism, Surfing etc.
and make available the findings to the members.
(11) The Government is targeting 2.5m tourist arrivals by 2016.Presently the country
has only 14,500 hotel rooms. The requirement by 2016 is 30,000 hotel rooms. The
Chamber will be the only private institution to support the industry with
(12) With the dawn of peace in the country the Chamber of Tourism will be a key player
in the development of Tourism in the North and the East.
The Chamber of Commerce & Industry is to launch its new website shortly enabling the industry to get up date information and many value added services...